My nano-life


Some one once told me this math - 52 weekends in a year. So how many weekends in your life ?

Come this Nov, I as "Arun" would have already completed 38 years on earth. If - and thats a big if - I don't get rammed down by a speeding car while crossing a road, or not beaten to death by a mob (as my wife always says, given my nature of picking up arguments with random people when I feel something is wrong), or taken over by a failed liver or so (yes, in spite of being a non-alcoholic) -- I expect may be 12 more years of "active life". That gives me about 600 weeks - 600 weekends as well.

Now, here is another math... In a week, assume a 9hr sleep, you are awake for 15 X 7 , 105 hrs.. Let say 2 hrs per day for daily routine, that leaves you with 90hrs. You are "paid" for 40hr per week at work - let us say practically you spend 50 hrs, and 10 hrs on commute, that still leaves you with 30hrs a week. Add some weekend outings and relaxation time of 10hrs, that should leave you with 20 hrs 

   from: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140626003850-115770875-life-is-like-that

It suddenly dawned on me - what am I doing for this "extra" 20 hours ? Am I spending enough time with my 5yr old ? What about the good old habit that I used to have when at IITM of going to bed with a book in hand ? Or in the least, what about my blogging habit ?- I used to write 2 or 3 of them

This one, so far had been my "technical blog", mostly tracking (mostly just news links) of any possibilities of a semiconductor fab in India ... just 35 posts till Apr 2012 , and now a more than 5 year gap. I am hoping to make this a more active one... may be not just limited to technical stuff

Will this be another resolution which will fade away ?.. as they say "proof will be in the pudding" 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

postponed... :-(

Fab-in-India : what does it mean ?